Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Strada #009 is now on the Great Plains

As I write this Blue Strada #009 is on the Trans-Canada highway between Winnipeg and Calgary.  Easy riding for the big blue pill.  The highway is fairly new and twinned all the way.  The weather is warm sunny and beautiful on the Prairies today.  I might get lucky and be able to pick the velo up tomorrow, but so far none of 6/49 Lotto numbers have come in.  So I will not hold my breath.

The Calgary YRC trucking depot is 60 kms away so I am not looking forward to that drive through city traffic.  Construction is everwhere in Calgary and bottlenecks are the norm. Went to Calgary today, so I know of what I speak!

While in Calgary, we did see the most amazing crane putting together overhead sections of the new West Light Rapid Transit line. This is one of the largest construction projects undertaken in Calgary's history.  



Sorry, I digressed again ... that Velo better be in my hands soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment