Thursday, September 30, 2010

Decals from Holland & Toronto

New Strada decals were applied yesterday. I received the complimentary "strada" decals from Ymte Sijbrandij, at Velomobiel.nl.  He was so kind as to send them to me for free and they arrived in less than a week!   The decals match the silver pinstriping I put on the Strada.

Today, I also received the decals from Bluevelo and they went on before my ride today.

I completed a 100 kms in the past two days and find myself getting more and more comfortable on the road.  The two mirrors are great in keeping tabs on the traffic. I also think my body has finally found the "sweet spot" in the seat.  I stopped wearing a helmet since it always hit the back rim of the cockpit.  I like wearing a helmet.  It has become a habit that I cannot shake.  Will look for another model that has more of a flat  back.  Someone suggested a skateboard or snowsport helmet. 




8 comments:

  1. Very nice! Starts to be a true unique bike but still far from "overdone". Not shure about the tyrepressure yet (I would suggest 90PSI for the kojaks)? I reckon the bike would look even better with the wheelcovers (back) on...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pumped my Kojaks up to 80 PSI today and they rode alright but a bit rougher than I normally like. I also re-installed the wheel covers to see if it makes any difference to my average speed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like your pin-striping. Thinking of copying it on my red Strada. It came ex-factory with an ugly red tape on the seam between the two body parts. Looks like electrical tape to me; the colour does not match that of the body. Is it paint or tape that you use?

    Erwin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erwin; That is pinstriping that they use on cars. It is mounted on a clear backing and after it is positioned where you want it, then you peal the backing off and it leaves just the pinstripes. Looks really professional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no Dutch flag yet?
    your bike looks great!
    and drive now a lot of mileage with it!

    greets marcel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kong Scarab and Ekoi City E+ are two bicycle helmets with a flat back and there are some more out there. The Ekoi also has a visor that I like very much. A skateboard helmet will fit, but is kind off heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bluecoyote,
    Here is the link to my Strada (carbon) http://picasaweb.google.com/116179131602528631286/20101120?feat=directlink
    If 't doesn't work I'm Wim Rutten from Holland wrquest@gmail.com then I'll send you some photo's from e-mail. I've a adjusment made on the front wheels cause I like to cycle races and so I can faster through the curves. The tyres are GoCycle and they ride wonderfull. I hope your winter overthere doesn't last long so you can ride the Strada very soon.
    Yours sincerely,
    Wim

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is an adventure. a big round of your journey with a awesome. bike.

    ReplyDelete