Saturday, August 28, 2010

More adjustment and a Visit from a Mango!

Friday morning I did a bit more adjustment to the seat.  I guess I am a "big boy" and had to lower it significantly.  Took it for another run and determined that more needed to be done.  Had a phone call from Ray at Bluevelo and we talked about the adjustments I could make.  Worked like a charm and did not have to move the crank at all.   It is ready to go.

After lunch, Rob Mackenzie (Recumbent Blog) drove down from Olds, Alberta to check it out for himself and brought his Mango.  Great fun!


The Mango was no match for the Bluecoyote!  LOL!  Rob was nice enough to take this 15 second video of the Strada whipping down the road.




One thing I noticed right away is how well this thing climbs up a hill.  A hill that I usually use my 22 tooth granny gear on in my Expedition was no match for the Strada.  I made it up this hill effortlessly and still remain in the middle chain ring!

Spent another hour after Rob left to do some more adjustment and took it out again.  Getting a bit more used to the tiller and the steering of the Strada at higher speeds. 

I think I am really going to like this Velomobile thing!!!

It needed its sleep so it went into the garage for a snooze:

 



1 comment:

  1. Sleeping beauty...:)
    Congratulations with you're brand new VM!

    greetz from the netherlands

    ReplyDelete