Sunday, August 29, 2010

TWEEKING, TWEEKING, TWEEKING!

Today, as for most of the Summer, it is raining. so, I am doing a bit more "tweeking" or in English "making adjustments" on the Strada.  Firstly, I increased the size and shape of the reflectors on the rear and used it to cover up a few seams at the rear.

I also need to install my GPS and this will require installing the mount where I can see it. I can hardly see the Cateye speedometer, that is inside the velo, since I am no  'wisp of a boy" and rather fill the cockpit!  I have scoured the internet looking to see how others have done that and nothing really strikes my fancy.  I do not want to drill and more holes in the body so I might have a look at using Velcro.  Hopefully, it will resist vibration. I Will work on that this afternoon and show the results of what I come up with in a future post.

I had an e-mail from my friend, Christine in Ottawa. She said something that made me stop and think.   Very astutely, she said and I quote; "Wow! This is fabulous! You always have the best toys. But don't spoil that beautiful aerodynamic exterior with too many do-dads and decals."  She might be right and I will have to re-evaluate what I am going to do for the exterior design.  I might go really low-key and simple!

2 comments:

  1. Nice touch, the blue reflective tape. Really love the way your Blue Strada looks :)

    I Noticed some differences between your Strada and a newly delivered Dutch Strada: http://yfrog.com/n3img2981bj

    - One turn indicator on each side instead of 2
    - Size and shape of orange reflective tape
    - Obviously, the shape of the tail and brake light. The 'newer' Quest and Strada have integrated 5mm LEDs instead of the stock (Spanninga?) tail light. Top row of 3 LEDs is the brake light, the single red light below is the tail light.

    I Like the looks of the integrated LEDs better, but the amount of light they emit is a bit low. That is why I replaced the spanninga tail light on my Alleweder with a custom built one: http://almereweder.blogspot.com/2010/05/remlicht.html

    Enjoy you new Strada, and don't let the weather hold you back, Velomobiles are designed to keep you comfortable ;-)

    Erwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.k., it's been a few days now, give us a nice picture from any other angle please! I do like the rear of the Strada though... :)))

    ReplyDelete